Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ralph the Cat

So I've been meaning to post about our cat, Ralph (or Bralph as Aud so lovingly calls him). He's definitely a special member of our family, and we love him to bits!



Last year, we adopted him from our local humane society. I went with my mom and sister looking for dogs because my sister wanted to adopt one. Being the cat lover that I am, I asked to visit the cat room and fell in love with a big, LHD-Maine-coon mix cat with too-large green eyes, named Ralph. The shelter worker told me that he was definitely a favorite, and had tons of personality. He was also known for getting out of ANY locked cage to try and visit the lady cats across the room. I fell in love. We've had cats before, but none of them acting like this one did. He was loving, friendly, and meowed constantly.

(Holding Ralph for the first time, d'aww!)

I went back to visit him again later that week, and fell even more in love with his fluffy-ness. After a lot of soul searching, talking to my dad, and thinking, we decided to adopt him! I felt like I was bringing home my second baby that day, it was so great! Honestly, I wanted to bring all those sweet animals home with me, but I think my parents would kill me - so Ralph was the only one (for now - muahaha!). 



He wasn't very shy at first, which I was really thrilled about. After I read all these random books about "bringing home your cat" I was prepared for it all, but when he came home he was ready to explore the whole house rather than hide forever. The whole family fell in love, and he expressed his love (or demands?) right back in meow-form. 

He wasn't and still isn't very keen on the idea of wearing a collar, and he doesn't like to trim his nails on anything except cardboard. (weird, right?) and he really didn't like his Christmas outfit either. I was able  to keep it on for MAYBE 5 minutes, then he tore it right off. 


He's such a joy, and as June comes right around the corner, it marks our one year anniversary with our beloved fur-baby. I'm thinking of baking a tuna casserole (with cat friendly ingredients) just for him. (Is that a bit too much?) And celebrate with lots of laser chases, feather dangly things, and snuggles. 

Happy 1 year, Ralph!! Best cat our family could ask for. (: 

xoxo, Lindsey.






No comments:

Post a Comment