Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5 Things.

Happy Wednesday! Is it just me, or has this week gone by very, very slow? I'm ready for the extra long weekend! Here are 5 things that I adore currently!

(photo and product by The Flair Exchange)

1 - Tassles and Fringe. I love this tassel line created by Carmen Taylor at The Flair Exchange on Etsy! The colors are bright and cheerful, and I love the splash of metallic in between. These would go perfect in any room, in any setting. Recently I've found myself drawn more and more to anything tassle-y and with fringe! I think it's so much fun, and has such movement! 


2 - my freshly graduated baby sister, Katie. Look how cute she is! It's hard to believe my youngest sister is now done with high school and making her way to college. I feel so old! She looked beautiful on her special day, and we had a BBQ party in her honor - with lots of swimming! 


3 - My very first record player, a Carron Tone CS-61! I have been searching for one of these puppies for a few months now, and I didn't want to fork over a lot of money for a player. Thankfully my grandmother's friend had one conveniently sitting in her trunk for over a year and gave it to me for free! I had to replace the needle, which wasn't bad at all, and dad took it apart and cleaned it out and it works good as new. Currently, I only own a couple of records, but now that I know this one works I hope to go record shopping and find some great ones to play while I sit at home. The crackle and pops in the sound are my favorite part. (: 


4 - This cluster of trees. It is a rather special tree bunch, because it's located at the park Josh and I are getting married at! We visited it this weekend, and decided to get married right underneath it. It has a very whimsical feel to it, with lovely draped branches and moss. I can definitely see us throwing a bunch of pompoms and... you guessed it, tassles in there! I cannot believe our wedding is only 3 months away... how crazy! Everyone says it'll be here before we know it, and I definitely believe them. These trees are so beautiful, they really look like one tree, I cannot wait. (: 


5 - My favorite camera, the Canon T70. My grandmother gave this to me several years ago, and it is definitely my favorite. She's an artist and owns several cameras, this one is one she owned in the 80s and never uses, so she gave it to me. It came with three different lenses, all vary in length and zoom. They are my favorite because it gives the pictures an ethereal feel to them, plus it is a film camera, so the wait adds to the excitement. I've never been displeased with anything this camera produces, plus it looks adorable, so I bring it with me everywhere just in case I want to take a picture of a beautiful memory. 

Have a lovely week! 

xoxo, Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment